A seed funding round for JAN3 has been announced by Samson Mow, former chief strategy officer of Bitcoin solutions provider Blockstream. Following his departure from Blockstream, he announced that he would be starting his own company with around $21 million in funding raised, including $15 million from unnamed new investors.
Mow announced the launch of his new company in Miami during his appearance at the Bitcoin 2022 Conference.
Samson Mow, who recently resigned as chief strategy officer at Blockstream, has launched JAN3 with $21 million in funding at a valuation of $100 million.
- Mow in a press release stated that a key component of Jan3 would be advancing Bitcoin and [layer 2] technologies such as Lightning. “The company will also support my nation-state Bitcoin adoption initiatives and contribute expertise to infrastructure development projects.”
- In addition to Alistair Milne and Chun Wang – co-founders of mining firm F2Pool – El Zonte Capital, founded by Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert, participated in the first round of funding.
- Bitcoin’s genesis block was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto on Jan. 3, 2009, under the pseudonym Satoshi.
- From Blockstream, Jan3 will acquire the crypto wallet AQUA, a Bitcoin and Liquid Mobile wallet, as well as NFT marketplace Raretoshi.
- The government of El Salvador, which legalized bitcoin (BTC) last year, has also signed a memorandum of understanding with Mow’s new company to supply digital infrastructure to the country and Bitcoin City.
- In Miami on Thursday, Mow announced the formation of his new company.
Via this site.